Monday, June 22, 2009

Arduino and Contributing Author

The main intention of the blog is for it to be as much a way to share research progress as it is a way to keep in touch with friends and family. As such I want to share this space with my good friend Ben who is a fellow Casual Engineer (and who it happens my son is named after). I look forward to future posts from him =)

Ok, now an update on our Arduino progress. Ben got his hands on a Duemilanove this past week and got to monkeying with the tutorials. I have to still order mine but am reading as much as I can beforehand, not to mention daydreaming about all the projects =) MMmmmmm kegerator outfitted with sensors and digital display. It could send a tweet when the keg is running low, or maybe send a preformatted email to the local distributor to order a new one. Excellent!! (insert maniacle laugh)

Here are some of my favorite links so far:
Arduino's main site
Hacknmod
Ladyada
Sheepdog

So far I'm really liking how simple the basic software structure is.
void setup(){
setup stuff;
}

void loop(){
do stuff;
}

pretty cool. more to come later.

oh and a bit of coolness. uav with arduino =P

No comments:

Post a Comment